Job Title: Office/Operations Manager [Job ID: #20015]
Job Type: Fulltime (37.5 – 40 hours/week); Non-Exempt
Application Deadline: Until Filled
New Haven Works is a nonprofit organization that provides job placement assistance to New Haven residents, ensures that local employers have access to qualified candidates, and is a resource to the workforce development community of South Central Connecticut.
The Operations Manager reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for New Haven Works accounting functions, human resources support and office management. They will work closely with and provide support for the Executive Management Team and the Interim Executive Director.
Most staff are working in a hybrid (remote and in-person) fashion. The new Operations manager should expect both in-person and virtual work for the foreseeable future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, entering data, and uploading it to ADP.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Update payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, job title and changes in pay rates.
- Track all employees Paid Time Off
- Oversee accurate paper and computer files on participants with all required documentation necessary for case management and funding reporting.
- Prepare all New Haven Works invoices and print checks for signature by the Director.
- Prepare all grant invoices for the CT Department of Labor and the City of New Haven for approval by the Executive Director
- Prepare financial documents for the Board of Directors and grant funders.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports including CT Department of Labor, CT Department of Economic and Community Development and City of New Haven
- Supervise the Front Desk receptionist.
- Oversee computer lab and front office and maintain all health and safety compliance
- Manage transportation vouchers, clothing donations and distributions.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Associate’s Degree majoring Accounting, Business Management or related fields; or 3+ years working in a non-profit accounting role or related experience;
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, close attention to detail, and the ability to effectively present nuanced information with clarity and confidence.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, Gmail, and other Google applications (i.e., Docs, Sheets, Calendar)
- Demonstrated efficacy working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- City of New Haven resident
- Ability to work some Saturdays and or evenings.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Familiarity with Quickbooks, ADP, or other similar accounting software/service
- Familiarity with CRM or other database platforms
- Proficiency with Zoom and other web-based meeting platforms
- Knowledge of regional social services resources
New Haven Works is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com Only complete applications (resume and cover letter) will be considered.